When approached by the lovely Annie of the fabulous Blog Something Swell if we would like to co-host and create and entire party centered around one hot cocoa recipe, we jumped at the chance! I mean Chocolate, Marshmallows, Chocolate. Who could resist?!?
Then the ideas started flooding in. A hot cocoa party is a decidedly winter event. But we were getting sick and tired of the grey Portland winter we’ve been having. So we decided to throw your atypical hot cocoa party: Palm Springs Style. Funny enough, it’s as though Portland knew, and changed weather patterns accordingly. And if the sunshine today isn’t quite inspiring enough, we hope you find a little summer inspiration from our cocoa party. Enjoy!
Sometimes styling parties you forgot something important. Not Pictured, Gold Pineapple Centerpiece and Birds of Paradise Bouquet.
Want to throw your own Hot Cocoa Party inspired by Gold Dipped Chaos? Print off our Menu, Use our Ideas and Table Cards. Be sure to #golddippedchaos! Keep warm lovelies!
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa
- 1Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Quart milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 6-8 ounces of chocolate chips
- Add in Sugar, Cocoa, Salt and Water in a medium saucepan.
- Mix and allow to cook slightly over low heat until incorporated.
- Add in Chocolate Chips and Continue to stir. Allow the Chocolate to melt but be sure to not burn your mixture.
- Add in Milk, Stirring constantly heat your milk but do not boil.
- Once thoroughly heated through. Remove from heat, add in vanilla and serve.
Be sure to visit Something Swell here for yet another way to style this delicious recipe!