Table of contents
Unveiling The Miracle Healing Power Of Plants
Every day, plants play an important role in our lives, supplying the oxygen we need to breathe. But, there exists an untold power and healing ability many are unaware of – the medicinal properties of plants.
From the ancient Egyptians to the North American Indians, plant-based medicines have been used to treat human physical ailments, mental health issues, spiritual imbalances, and even seasonal and environmental changes. Today, these curative plants continue to use their remarkable healing capabilities to treat us from modern-day diseases and illnesses.
For thousands of years, plants have served as a bridge between the spiritual and the physical realm for many cultures. Through plant-based healing, many can receive energies from the outer world, and gain insight and understanding of their inner selves.
What Are Some Of The Ways Plants Are Used To Heal?
Plants can be used in a multitude of ways for healing, including:
Herbal medicine: Herbal medicine believes in the healing power of plants and in the use of the entire plant – its roots, leaves, flowers, and bark – to make remedies. Herbal medicine uses plants by grinding, boiling, or extracting their valuable parts to make medicines or supplements.
Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy utilizes essential oils derived from plants. These essential oils are powerfully medicinal, and can be easily absorbed into the bloodstream via the nose. From energizing to calming, essential oils are often used to improve mood, explore emotions, and spark creativity.
Plant magic: Plant magic is an ancient practice that uses plants for their spiritual properties. This includes making plant potions and teas for drinking, creating incense and scented candles for energy cleansing, and even talking to plants in a special way to build a connection.
The Different Types Of Plants Used For Healing
Here is a list of plants used for healing:
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) – A powerful adaptogen which increases energy, boosts the immune system and improves mental clarity.
- Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) – An anti-inflammatory and calming plant used for digestive issues, skin irritation and reducing stress.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) – A calming herb used for stress, headaches, improving sleep, reducing skin irritation and muscle tension.
- Ginseng (Panax ginseng) – An energizing and immune-boosting herb used for colds, fatigue, low energy and mental clarity.
- Echinacea (Echinacea angustifolia) – An anti-inflammatory and antiviral plant used for colds, flu, immune system support and skin health.
The Benefits Of Using Plants To Heal
The use of plants to heal has a plethora of benefits that can be reaped by all. For starters, they are natural and safe to use, making them a great solution to many health problems. Plant-based medicines also tend to be cheaper than their synthetic equivalents, making them financially accessible to all.
Plants can also help to reduce stress and anxiety, allowing us to access and explore the deeper, inner parts of ourselves. This, in turn, ofset the negative effects of a modern and rapid lifestyle, helping us to find balance and peace of mind.
How Can You Be More Involved In Plant-Based Healing?
If you are looking to get more involved in plant healing than ever before, there are several ways to do so:
- Research more about plants and their healing properties.
- Use essential oils in aromatherapy.
- Buy organic, locally sourced medicinal herbs and make your own teas, tinctures, balms, potions or salves.
- Learn more about shamanic and magical practices, and become attuned to the spiritual realm.
- Experience the beauty of nature, and find ways to connect deeply with plants.
The healing powers of plants are nothing new. Humans have been using them for millennia to heal both the physical and spiritual form. Aside from just the physical healing, plants can provide us with the knowledge and wisdom to heal the spiritual, mental and emotional self. So if you are feeling lost, tired or sick, look to the power of plants to bring humility, balance, and health to your life.