Table of contents
The Best Skincare Routine for Men with Psoriasis
Having psoriasis is difficult enough without having to search endlessly for the right skincare products. As a man with psoriasis-prone skin, you may have a hard time finding the right treatments to help your skin. Below, we provide you with our top picks of the best men’s skincare products to alleviate your psoriasis and help you stay comfortable and look your best.
Cleansers & Gels
Cutting through the clutter of cleansers, gels, and creams is vital when you’re dealing with sensitive skin. Try the following to target psoriasis:
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser – Cetaphil is a mild, non-soap cleanser that moisturizes without leaving any residue. It helps to alleviate itching, inflammation, and irritation associated with psoriasis and other skin conditions.
- Lubriderm Ultra-Gentle Gel Cleanser – This is a mild, fragrance-free gel cleanser that won’t strip your skin of its natural oils. Lubriderm Ultra-Gentle Gel Cleaner helps to reduce itching, redness and scaling associated with psoriasis.
- Foaming Gel Cleanser for Sensitive Skin – This ultra-gentle foaming cleanser removes excess oils and leaves skin feeling squeaky clean. It’s ideal for those with dry, sensitive skin, including those with psoriasis.
Toners & Lotions
Look for toners and lotions with hydrating ingredients such as aloe vera, glycerin and ceramides to help restore the skin’s natural pH balance. Try the following:
- CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser – This creamy foaming cleanser is formulated with ceramides and hyaluronic acid to help give skin a healthy burst of hydration. Additionally, it helps to soothe skin that’s prone to psoriasis.
- Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion – This lotion is formulated with natural colloidal oatmeal and is clinically proven to help improve the skin’s moisture barrier. It helps to instantly calm and soothe dry, itchy skin associated with psoriasis.
- Eucerin Ultra Sensitive Soothing Face Cream – This rich, nourishing face cream is recommended for those with sensitive, psoriasis-prone skin. It helps to reduce redness and irritation and improve overall skin comfort.
Creams & Ointments
Creams and ointments help to lock in moisture, reduce redness, and soothe the skin throughout the day. If you’re dealing with psoriasis, try the following:
- Vanicream Lite Lotion – This lotion is great for those with sensitive skin, such as those prone to psoriasis. It’s free of preservatives, dyes, perfumes, lanolins and formaldehyde, so it won’t irritate your skin.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream – This gel-cream provides intense hydration while being lightweight and non-greasy. It helps to soothe dry, itchy and irritated skin associated with psoriasis.
- Curel Itch Defense Calming Cream – This cream helps to soothe itching, scaling and redness caused by extreme dryness. It’s a must for those with psoriasis-prone skin.
Be sure to protect your skin from sunburns and other damage from the sun’s rays. For psoriasis-prone skin, look for gentle, chemical-free sunscreens that won’t irritate your skin.
- Avene High Protection Mineral Cream SPF 50+ – This mineral cream provides effective protection from the sun’s rays while being free of fragrances, oils and parabens. It provides a barrier against the sun’s damaging rays while being suitable for psoriasis-prone skin.
- Neutrogena age Shield Face Sunscreen Gel-Cream SPF 110 – This lightweight sunscreen provides superior protection from UVA and UVB sunrays as well as blue light from digital devices. It’s specifically designed to be gentle enough for psoriasis-prone skin.
- Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen SPF 30+ – This mineral-based broad spectrum sunscreen is designed to be gentle on all skin types. Plus, it won’t sting or burn skin that’s prone to psoriasis.
Receiving proper medical treatment from your doctor is essential for relieving psoriasis, but keeping your skin moisturized and protected can also help reduce flare-ups. The above products are all suitable for psoriasis-prone skin and can help to reduce the irritation and discomfort caused by this skin condition. So, give them a try and see if they help you stay comfortable and look your best.